[Xastir] Wx Alerts

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Jun 20 21:42:49 EDT 2008

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008, Tom Russo wrote:

> Bleah.  That seems like a bad idea to me, given that other log files are
> meant to be just that.

It was the first step in making it possible to have Xastir shut down
or crash and being able to start it up with the same info on the
screen.  Sorry you don't like it.

> Actually, another possibility is that since the actual value of "relatively
> current" is "15 days" as hard-coded in util.c's
> "load_wx_alerts_from_log_working_sub", that these ancient alerts are still
> just considered relative current.

It's because there's a 1 to 31 day entry in the weather alerts, so
we split the difference and go 15 back only, if possible.  There may
be holes in the logic as you pointed out, like if weather alerts
aren't coming in regularly, there may be both old and new alerts in
the same log file.  It should skip any log files that have an old
timestamp.

> I've noticed some odd changes in wx alert behavior lately --- most notably,
> while I *AM* configured to gate WX alerts from net to RF (because our local
> Igate went down and there is now nobody else doing so in this region), Xastir
> NEVER gates them anymore, and it used to.

I don't igate, so haven't noticed that.  It's possible I or someone
else broke that quite a while back.  I don't think that part of the
code has been worked on in some months, but the Changelog should
say.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer