Re: [Xastir] [opensuse-ham] Ham Radio Packages for openSUSE 11.0 // Amateurfunkpakete für openSUSE 11.0 (fwd)

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Jun 23 17:26:51 EDT 2008

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008, Lee Bengston wrote:

> Thanks!  I used the info below prior to compiling Xastir in openSUSE
> 11.0 last weekend.  If I recall correctly, the packages that needed to
> be fetched from the ham radio repo for Xastir that were not in the
> standard repo's were shapelib, gpsman, gpsmanshp, geotiff, and GDAL.
> (I didn't grab GDAL).  There's still a text display problem I haven't
> figured out yet - but so far that's my only complaint about openSUSE
> 11.

I have Xastir running under OpenSuSE-11.0, upgraded from a 10.0
system.  It has the usual problem with the OpenMotif slider widgets
not being labeled (known Motif bug), but other than that it looks
good.  My fonts are fine.

I upgraded it using the "Network" CD.  That's much nicer now in 11.0
as you don't have to do any hand configuration of the remote
repositories...  Everything is automatically configured.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer