[Xastir] 300 baud off-air data into Xastir

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Jun 23 18:51:45 EDT 2008

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008, Chris Moulding wrote:

> I've got the transmit side working OK using an OT1+ tracker with direct

> I notice that there is no data rate option in the AX25 serial modem
> interface setup box. Is there a way to set it up so that it can use the
> raw off-air 300 baud data without an intervening KISS TNC?

That's chosen by the particular hardware you're using.

> I think it
> will work the same as a Baycom modem except at 300 baud? If the AX25
> data rate can be changed from 1200 baud to 300 baud then it should work
> on transmit as well?

If you're use the "soundmodem" driver in Linux to do a software TNC
function, then you can select the baud rate and tones via the
"soundmodemconfig" program for that audio channel.

When you use external hardware like an OT1+, the RF baud rate and
tones are determined by the firmware inside the hardware device.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer