[Xastir] Tnc, connection choices

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 16:17:55 EDT 2008

On 3/10/08, ad7gt at qwest.net <ad7gt at qwest.net> wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
>  I read on Keyspan's site that they were not supporting Ubuntu due to licensing issues.

That's unfortunate.  I haven't dealt with Ubuntu.

>  I had heard that folks had used the FTDI chipset with success, but it's challenging to find what chipset a given adapter usesan from the listings I've found so far.

That's no joke. The only places I've found an FTDI based adapter is
BGMicro (I just checked them and they appear to be gone) and directly
from FTDI.  If you need components to make your own, you can get a
module from SparkFun, or get one in a molded cable with bare wires on
the other end from FTDI directly or from various hobby electronics
type places.

http://apple.clickandbuild.com/cnb/shop/ftdichip
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=718

-Jason