[Xastir] Maps

James Ewen jewen at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 11 00:05:07 EDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 6:11 PM, Murry <murraybr at nbnet.nb.ca> wrote:

> They won't load. Wondering if anyone else has problems.

When you say load, do you mean download from the Toporama server, or
load from your hard drive and display on screen?

The script for downloading from the net is written to pull ALL of
Canada. This can take a little more than 2 or 3 minutes. Okay, a lot
more than 2 or 3 minutes.

I used RadioMobile to define the are that I wanted to download, and
used it to pull the tiles from the server. I was able to get
RadioMobile working, and then go to bed, letting it pull all the 50K
tiles for Alberta. I then modified the script to ignore downloading,
and to simply generate the geo-reference files for each tile.

James
VE6SRV