[Xastir] uninstall xastir/db files, etc

James Jolin jjolin at itol.com
Wed Mar 12 21:59:15 EDT 2008

Tom Russo wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 02:50:13PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <jjolin at itol.com> flavor, containing:
>
>> Thought I should start a new topic in as much as two people are responding.
>> To answer one question, I am using ubuntu/kbuntu.
>> The output of the type -a xastir command is /usr/local/bin/xastir.
>> Tom: do you still need the include/db.h file...it looks like you found what
>> I sent before.
>> Is it possible that it is in a xastir.cnf file??
>> I really can't remember installing xastir twice and they all *seem *to have
>> the same date.
>> Anything else I can provide?
>> tnx, 73, Jim, wa9arb
>>

> You posted that your db.h file has a version string that clearly shows it's
> from version 4.5.20 of Berkeley DB, but when you run xastir it claims you've
> built it with a version of db.h that is from 4.4.20 --- and your system only has
> one db.h file on it, since you ran a "find / -name db.h" and it only came up
> with one.  This is very, very puzzling and I can't make heads or tails out of
> it.  That's why I guessed that maybe you had two xastir binaries hiding
> somewhere.  Sounds like that shot missed the mark.
>
> I don't know that I have any other suggestions to make.
>
> Tom,
Here is something I discovered.  I installed xastir on my laptop using
the unbuntu stuff in the wiki (7.04). When I got to the apt-get for the
additional features I left out the libdb4.4-dev file.  When I got xastir
compiled and ran it I had no problem...I'm going to digest that a bit
and see if I come up with anything.  If you think of anything let me know.
Tnx, Jim wa9arb