[Xastir] RE: Xastir and Slackware Slax

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Sun Mar 23 21:09:43 EDT 2008

Lee/Tom thanks for the guidance.. Its so incredibly frustrating with Slackware. I find it just a bit backward. Like Ray I have most experience with Debian based systems. And not alot of experience at that. I read that some people just love slackware. I wish them well and am glad they are happy..

None the less onward we go.
To answer your question where did I get openMotif 2.2.2 just do a google search on "openmotif slackware" . It would seem to be the most popular package version. Its just everywhere.
http://riksun.riken.go.jp/pub/pub/Linux/slackware/slackware-10.2/extra/openmotif-2.2.2/

I can't find v 2.2.4 or 2.2.3 .. Can you tell me where that could be found or even email it direct to me.
Ive tried to install lesstif but that failed to even start the install for some reason. It was v 0.95.0 and the internal construction of the package seems wrong to me.
The installer wants tgz files but Ive found some sites seem to have repositries with tar.bz2 files which seems silly.. I am sure theres a reason for that as well and I would dearly love to know why and how to install bz2 files instead of tars .. Perhaps they are source tarballs. Perhaps I need to look at installpkg instead of pkgtool ?

So I guess a version 2.2.4 Openmotif would be great or even a Lesstif that would work.
Ive just found OpenMotif 2.2.1 in a slackware 9 repositry here so could try that but it seems silly to use old packages on a newer distro to me.

So in summary I would love a URL for OpenMotif 2.2.3 or 2.2.4 or even a installable version of Lessitf
It looks like I will have to build either OpenMotif or Lesstif from source which has allready failed on the first attempt.

Tony Hunt  VK5AH