[Xastir] Zypad?

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Sat May 3 14:49:10 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-25 at 19:38 -0500, Bennett, Joe wrote:
> Sounds like you need to perform your own NEPA study.... You'll see how
> the govt. looks at human absorption at 2.4Ghz vs. 144 Mhz... You may
> think twice about your 2 meter HT and love the WiFi....

Sorry for replying so late, but I've been very busy.

Anyway, I'm well aware of Specific Absorption Rates (SAR) and they're
(surprisingly) not very diagnostic of adverse effects.  Also, anything
under 7W EIRP on all bands is exempt.

SAR *only* covers thermal effects of radio waves and it is a whole body
average.  It does not account for athermal effects, such as dipole
rotation.  Microwaves tend to be more site specific.  For instance,
continuous exposure to moderate microwaves have been shown to damage DNA
in laboratory studies.

In short, just because the government says so, doesn't make it
right. ;-)

Someday, I should put together some slides on the topic.

--
73, de Brad KB8UYR/6 <rez touchofmadness com>