[Xastir] OpenSUSE-10.3: Latest GraphicsMagick is broken

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue May 6 15:04:12 EDT 2008

I've been using GM in OpenSuSE-10.3, but the latest online update I
got from OpenSuSE broke things.  I went back to using ImageMagick.

The symptom:  Black images for any map in Xastir which uses the
GraphicsMagick library for display.

The cause:  Compiling GM with the default QuantumDepth of 8 instead
of 16.

If anyone wants to ask SuSE nicely to fix it, ask them to add

    "--with-quantum-depth=16"

to the ./configure line in their GraphicsMagick RPM build scripts
and then re-release these RPM's:

    libGraphicsMagick1-1.1.8-20.2
    GraphicsMagick-1.1.8-20.2
    GraphicsMagick-devel-1.1.8-20.2