[Xastir] VMWare Network issue

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Fri May 16 13:10:16 EDT 2008

Hahaha, I hear you, but actually, I've not had many problems with Vista. Once
I realized this problem was a firewall issue, it was easy to adjust the
Windows firewall to get around the problem.

However, once I got the VMWare stuff up and running (BTW, the Xastir install
worked just fine once I corrected the firewall issue) I noticed a small
problem.

The clock on the guest OS was moving along at a rather quick step (1 minute
per second or there about). None of the tricks that I found from Google
corrected this, so I bailed on the VMWare install and reverted to the Cygwin
install.

So far, the Cygwin setup seems to be working just fine under Vista.
--
William McKeehan
KI4HDU