[Xastir] VMWare Network issue

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Fri May 16 13:56:59 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 1:42 pm, Tom Russo wrote:

> But by typing "host.cpukHZ" into their knowledge base query, I did find
> the answer to where to look for the file to edit on Windows:
>
> http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=1227&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_KB_1_1&dialogID=64467114&stateId=0%200%2064465153

This is exactly what I found when searching with Google, however, after
playing with it for a while, I was not able to get this to correct my clock
speed, so I gave up.

I did not try your other suggestion of turning off the host's ability to
throttle the processor so the CPU is always running at full speed. I suspect
that this may correct the problem. However, for now, cygwin is working very
well, so I'll probably just stick with that for the time being.

Thanks for all of your help.

--
William McKeehan
KI4HDU