[Xastir] Laptop Question/Recommendations?

fmhillhouse at comcast.net fmhillhouse at comcast.net
Tue May 20 23:05:33 EDT 2008

> I like the size of the Asus Eee PC, but I think the small amount of storage
> will be a significant limiting factor.
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations?
>
> Thanks
> --
> William McKeehan
> KI4HDU
> http://mckeehan.homeip.net

My brother has a 7" version, a 4G I believe. He loves it! But he doesn't run any mapping stuff, yet. He is using it on his motorcycle as an MP3 player and connecting to his GPS for trip planning.

Asus has their new 9" inch model available now. The drive is 12G or 20G. I am not sure the 20G is shipping since I have not seen it yet.

If either size is not enough, you can always add a larger "moving parts" hard drive. I think I saw a conversion somewhere. But I imagine a large USB powered drive might be useful for bulk storage. Iomega is always running sales.

Best regards,
Fred