[Xastir] DBFAWK and map symbols

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Fri May 23 20:24:27 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 04:01:15PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <acraiga at pacbell.net> flavor, containing:
> The DBFAWK files I sent out on May 14 do mimic
> the online tiger maps.  If you can't find it in your
> past mail listings let me know and I can send them
> to you.

Yes, your dbfawk files mimic that style with the newer TIGER 2007 data, and
the existing files mimic them with the older 2006_SE data.  But there is
no way to make a dbfawk file that "displays the same as the online tiger maps"
because that requires a new rendering engine.

> On May 23, 2008, at 10:40 AM, Tom Russo wrote:
>
> > On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 01:34:47PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-
> > computron collision of the <bwebster at wirelessmapping.com> flavor,
> > containing:
> >> Is there any way to get a file created so it displays the same as
> >> the on
> >> line tiger maps do within Xastir? That format looks great to me and
> >> I would
> >> love to duplicate it with local tiger files.
> >
> >  All we can do is mimic color schemes and line styles
> > as best we can, which is what the existing dbfawk files do.

 "It's so simple to be wise: just think of something stupid to say and
  then don't say it."  --- Sam Levinson