[Xastir] Map Load Speed

Chip Griffin n1mie at mac.com
Fri May 23 22:25:53 EDT 2008

Is there a way to speed up the loading of maps? Specifically, when I
use the line maps and dbfawk conversions it is wicked slow anytime I
am zoomed out beyond 64. The further out, the slower it is. It is
about intolerable beyond 128. So generally I keep it zoomed in to 64
or less. Often that is good enough, but for a large scale event (like
the one I am to attend this weekend) I would like to see a broader
map without sacrificing speed every time I make an adjustment.

(I am using a high end Mac laptop for this, so I don't believe it is
hardware related.)

73,
--de Chip (N1MIE) FN41bn