[Xastir] How do I use shapefile maps?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu May 29 10:05:47 EDT 2008

On Thu, 29 May 2008, John Dvoracek wrote:

> Instead I downloaded shapefile maps for
> one Texas county, but xastir does not seem to recognize them.

Meaning they're not showing up in the Map Chooser?  Try
Map->Configure->Reindex All Maps or similar.  The maps may have an
older timestamp than the last reindex you did, so "Reindex New Maps"
which depends on timestamps may skip those files.

Xastir has Shapelib support built-in, so if you don't Shapelib
loaded in your OS, Xastir uses it's own private version.  Should
work just fine.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer