[Xastir] still trying to install on Fedora 9

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu May 29 11:42:00 EDT 2008

On Thu, 29 May 2008, ke5c at hot.rr.com wrote:

> checking for WriteImage in -lGraphicsMagick... no

You can look in your "config.log" file to see if there is additional
info regarding that error.  Sometimes it can be as simple as another
package that GM depends on which your package manager dependency
checking missed.

> When I yum installed ImageMagick-devel the above GraphicsMagick
> error went away, but I still have no online maps...  Just an FYI.

Xastir looks for GM/GM-devel first.  If it is happy with them, it
will skip looking for IM/IM-devel.  If not, it looks for IM/IM-devel
and will set up Xastir to use IM if found.

We generally prefer GM over IM because of inconsistencies that we've
had with IM in the past.  Better to get GM in there if you can, so
check your config.log file and let us know what you find.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer