[Xastir] DRG Error: Compression Algorithm Does Not Support Random Access

ZPO geekdownrange at gmail.com
Fri May 30 01:19:51 EDT 2008

Curt,

I'm finally back in the US after 3 years in Baghdad.  I'm living down
in Olympia and working at Ft. Lewis.  Xastir with DRGs was a definite
winner last week when I was running all over the range trails at YTC.

I did a bit more googling and found "geotiffcp" which is exactly like
"tiffcp", but for geotiffs.  DOH!!!  I guess I should have looked a
bit harder.  I can download the unmodified files, but the ones I tried
didn't seem to tile together properly.

I've got another trip coming up next week.  Hopefully I'll have some
downtime at the hotel to try a few different combinations of
"geotiffcp".

When you say the Xastir code is written to handle lines, do you mean
scanlines are strips as defined in the tiff/geotiff spec?

I should be much more active again now that I'm back in CONUS.

73 N5VFF - Brian