[Xastir] Mac newbie alert!

Kurt Freiberger kurt at badgers-hill.net
Fri May 30 12:33:45 EDT 2008

On 5/30/08 10:54 AM, "Curt, WE7U" <archer at eskimo.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 30 May 2008, Kurt Freiberger wrote:
>
>> No maps.  The terminal window complains about not having ImageMagick
>> installed.
>> *** Skipping
>> '/usr/local/share/xastir/maps/Online/terraserver-reflectivity.geo',
>> IMAGESIZE tag missing or incorrect. ***
>> Perhaps no XPM/ImageMagick/GraphicsMagick library support is installed?
>>
>> Ports list says it is installed.
>
> Does it say that imagemagick-devel package (or similar name) is
> installed?

Doesn't seem to be a -devel variant.

> What does Help->About say in Xastir WRT the installed libraries?
> You compiled Xastir from scratch, or installed a pre-built binary
> for OSX?

Doesn't mention IM.  Does have geotiff, which is odd, since I couldn't
compile it.  I'll let sleeping libraries lie.  I installed Xastir from
source, of course.

> If you can't get IM going, you might give
> GraphicsMagick/GraphicsMagick-devel a try instead.

Macports tries to fetch it, but fails to find a copy.  I'll probably try
when I get home.  I'm at a BoD meeting, and the wireless is rather odd in
its capabilities.