[Xastir] TigerMaps, Mac, GraphicsMagick

Chip Griffin n1mie at mac.com
Fri May 30 21:41:59 EDT 2008

I haven't used Xastir on my laptop in awhile. The last time I used it
I had used local maps (dbfawk). Tonight I tried to use Tigermaps.
They wouldn't appear for me, no matter what setting I tweaked. So I
did some investigating. Eventually I decided to recompile. I happened
to notice this error drift by and wonder if it's related and how to
cure it. Normally I do most of my installing with Fink, but there is
no Fink package for GraphicsMagick (at least not in the tree
available to my laptop at this time). I'm in the process of
reinstalling GM 1.2.1 right now to see if I can fix the problem. I'd
gladly take advice from anyone on the matter.

> checking for GraphicsMagick-config... /sw/bin/GraphicsMagick-config
> checking GraphicsMagick/magick/api.h usability... no
> checking GraphicsMagick/magick/api.h presence... yes
> configure: WARNING: GraphicsMagick/magick/api.h: present but cannot
> be compiled
> configure: WARNING: GraphicsMagick/magick/api.h:     check for
> missing prerequisite headers?
> configure: WARNING: GraphicsMagick/magick/api.h: see the Autoconf
> documentation
> configure: WARNING: GraphicsMagick/magick/api.h:     section
> "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
> configure: WARNING: GraphicsMagick/magick/api.h: proceeding with
> the preprocessor's result
> configure: WARNING: GraphicsMagick/magick/api.h: in the future, the
> compiler will take precedence
> configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to xastir at xastir.org ##
> checking for GraphicsMagick/magick/api.h... yes
> checking for WriteImage in -lGraphicsMagick... yes

-- Chip