[Xastir] Mac newbie alert!

Kurt Freiberger kurt at badgers-hill.net
Fri May 30 22:06:25 EDT 2008

Curt, WE7U wrote:
> On Fri, 30 May 2008, Kurt Freiberger wrote:
>
>> libcurl or 'wget' not installed.  Can't download file
>>
>> About->Help lists libcurl as a library.
>>
>> Re-installed curl, even installed wget.  No joy.
>
> Yea, you need one or the other.  Does Curl have a devel package?

It would seem that in Macports, curl comes with the standard package.

> Libcurl is better for our purposes than wget, but either should
> work.
>
> You'll need to do the "./configure;make;make install" bit again to
> have Xastir pick them up.

Yup; did so, no joy.  I'll have to relearn lib management again and see
if they're in the list.  I got spoiled with linux.

Kurt A. Freiberger     Austin, TX	kurt at badgers-hill.net
Amateur Radio Callsign WB5BBW  		AIM Handle: WB5BBW
        "Reputation is what other people know about you.
            Honor is what you know about yourself."
         - Lois McMaster Bujold - "A Civil Campaign"