[Xastir] Can I use MrSID files in Xastir?

Jim Tolbert RiverRidge at Centurytel.net
Wed Apr 1 15:16:29 EDT 2009

I have access to the aerial photos of our county.  They are in MrSid
format (Multi resolution Seamless Image Database) and are used in the
Arcview system by the county land information department.  The mapping
technician tried to output it a few times, but got no where.

Is anyone familiar with this type of aerial photos?  Can we used them
with Xastir?  What can I tell the Mapping Technician to try?  What can I do?

Many thanx................ jt

Jim Tolbert, KC9MXT
Webster, WI