[Xastir] Symbol Set

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 15:46:16 EDT 2009

On 4/1/09, Curt, WE7U <archer at eskimo.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Mar 2009, Dale Seaburg wrote:
>
>> I'm having trouble setting the correct symbol for our EOC station.  When I
>>
>> select the EOC symbol from the Primary Symbol Table, I get a lower-case
>> "oh"
>> in the Symbol box, which is correct.  But the map displays "no sym set".
>> What am I doing wrong?
>
> You select it graphically with the buttons, right?  When you
> installed Xastir did you do a "make install" as root or "sudo make
> install"?  That should have installed the symbol table at
> /usr/local/share/xastir/symbols/ if you installed in the default
> location from sources.
>
> --
> Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
> http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
>    Lotto:  A tax on people who are bad at math. - unknown
> Windows:  Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates. - WE7U.
> The world DOES revolve around me:  I picked the coordinate system!"

With some Linux distro's I've seen a symbol issue when the language
environment is not set to something Xastir likes.  It has been quite a
while, so I don't remember if what I saw matches the symptoms here,
but issuing the command export LANG=C prior to launching Xastir
resolved my issue.

Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX