[Xastir] Placing Markers on map

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Apr 5 00:44:12 EDT 2009

On Sat, Apr 04, 2009 at 11:04:56PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <n1mie at mac.com> flavor, containing:
> On Mar 31, 2009, at 22:28, Curt, WE7U wrote:
>
> > There's an add-on to UI-View to generate them, and of course WXSVR
> > generates them from the NOAA alerts.
>
> I guess the obvious question is "why doesn't Xastir have the ability
> to generate them?"

Because nobody has gotten around to coding up the ability.

What it will require is for someone to code up a way to turn a CAD object into
a multiline object.  There is a currently-unused routine that can take
a list of lat/lon pairs and generate the multiline string and a point at the
center (average lat/lon), and it could be used for that.  But someone will need
to do the GUI work to allow specification of which CAD object to send out
this way, and assemble an object to go out over the air.

  In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
                                  -- Ineffective daily affirmation