[Xastir] Window resizing

Dale Seaburg kg5lt at verizon.net
Mon Apr 6 09:26:23 EDT 2009

I haven't scanned the wiki or the source code before zapping off this
quick email and heading for work.  Here's my problem:

I have a UMPC with a vertically-challenged screen (1024x600).  That
makes it very difficult - OK, impossible gui-wise - to edit and save
the tnc-kiss parameters - I can't see the Save/Cancel buttons.  That
window, screen, form (whatever C++ calls it) needs to be resizable
with at least a vertical scrollbar.  I'm OK horizontally.

Questions:

1.  What kind of an IDE do the maintainers use for xastir screen
development, if any (I assume so).
2.  Assumimg a gui IDE, does it provide the code for scrollbars,
resizing handles (widgets?), or are these up to the developer to roll-
their-own?
3.  What section of code do I look for if I want to attempt making
this change myself.

I am familiar with C# and it's excellent IDE, especially for doing
what I need done to a form such as I mentioned above.  But, C++ is
about as foreign to me as a third language (let alone a second
language)!

73 - Dale.  KG5LT