[Xastir] custom Ubuntu Live CD on maxterm

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Wed Apr 8 04:01:27 EDT 2009

Jason,

Just a guess but alot of Live disrtos fail on odd or older hardware these
days due to video driver issues. Can you find the cheat codes for the boot
and force it to use Frame buffers. This is how I get DSL to run on some
older laptops as they dont like the Video driver once the GUI starts. This
typically produces a blank or frozen screen.

Also have a look at APCPI as well as XSETUP options.

I use fb=1024x768 xsetup with DSL quite often on the boot options.
Also I could not get the later versions of Xubuntu to boot unless I disabled
SCSI detection from memory.

Have a look here for some cheat codes.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BootOptions

You say it reboots and starts again. Which sounds a bit serious. With the
lockups Ive found its very often just a video driver issue and the OS is
actually up and running fine.
When it locks up try Ctrl Alt F1 and see if you get a console. Or just try
Ctrl ALT Delete and see if it starts to shut down.

Tony Hunt VK5AH