[Xastir] ./configure issue

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Apr 13 12:08:23 EDT 2009

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009, Keith Kaiser wrote:

> During the ./configure process I get two warnings as follows;
>
> checking for pj_init in -lproj... no
> *** Warning: geotiff requires libproj.
> checking netax25/ax25.h usability... no
> checking netax25/ax25.h presence... no
> checking for netax25/ax25.h... no
> *** Warning: dbfawk requires both pcre and shapelib.
> checking for gdal-config... no
> configure: WARNING: *** Cannot find gdal-config:  Checking standard locations
> ***
> checking gdal.h usability... no

Those aren't a problem for the compile.  Configure is testing for
various capabilities so that it knows what to compile in.

> At the end of make I get this;
>
> Undefined symbols:
> "_XftDrawCreate", referenced from:
>     __XmXftDrawCreate in libXm.a(XmRenderT.o)

Your system appears to have a problem linking to the Motif (or
Lesstif) library.  You're trying to use libXm.a, a statically linked
library, and that library in turn needs a bunch of other things from
libraries which aren't being found.

On my Linux box I'm linking to "libXm.so.4", which is a shared
library.  Do you have a libXm.so on your system, or just the
"libXm.a" file?

Try running "ldconfig" as root.  Perhaps you installed some
libraries that the system hadn't added to it's cache yet, which
might explain why the linker isn't able to find them.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer