[Xastir] ./configure issue

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Apr 13 13:54:44 EDT 2009

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009, Keith Kaiser wrote:

> I'm on Mac.
>
> Using sudo ldconfig returned the same thing; 'Command not found'.
>
> In /usr/x11/lib/ I find all kinds of libXm stuff including;
>
> libXm.4.0.1.dylib
> libXm.4.dylib
> libXm.4.a

Rgr.  *.dylib are the equivalent of *.so files on Linux, or *.dll
files on Windows.

*.a files are static libraries.  For some reason you're linking
against the static Motif library,  I don't know why.  It usually
takes special flags to cause it to link against the static libs in
preference to the shared libraries.

You need Mac people helping you on this instead of Unix/Linux
people (although Macs _are_ Unix these days).  Hopefully one or two
will step up.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer