[Xastir] ./configure issue

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Apr 14 10:01:01 EDT 2009

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009, C. Griffin wrote:

> On Apr 13, 2009, at 15:34, Bob Nielsen wrote:
>
>> OS X has no ldconfig command (nor does it show up in a macports search).  I
>> don't know if there is an equivalent.
>
> I did a google search and found this old email message from five years back.
>
>> On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 09:05:03PM -0800, JongAm Park wrote:
>>> Hello.
>>>
>>> Many Unix/Linux source codes and their configure script often
>>> requires ldconfig.
>>
>> That's poor design on the part of the developers.  The whole point of
>> autoconf (which generates the configure script) is to make the program
>> compile on as many platforms as possible, and ldconfig is not on all
>> platforms...

FWIW:  We don't require ldconfig either, none of our scripts use it.
Ldconfig is used a lot on Linux and Unix boxes to set up the loader
cache, so the dynamic loader can find libraries it needs to link
with an executable when you try to start said executable.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer