[Xastir] Town/Subdivision Names in shapefiles (static Tigermaps)

Craig Anderson acraiga at pacbell.net
Wed Apr 15 13:53:33 EDT 2009

At this point, I don't remember what the details were on this.  Soon
after this I was trying to upgrade xastir to 1.9.5 and it blew up.  I
haven't been able to get it to compile on my Mac since, regardless of
which version of xastir.  I was trying to borrow enough from
Macports.Org to help xastir get working, but Macports had problems,
and Xastir did not like it, even though I have wiped it all out and
tried to start over.  Eventually, I got it to compile but when I run
it, it says "Error: Unresolved inheritance operation" and quits.  For
the time being, I decided to move to VirtualBox with a Linux VM.  One
of these days I'll take another run at it; my machine now needs a
*serious* cleanup.

Craig