[Xastir] Saving serial snapshots

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Apr 15 18:48:30 EDT 2009

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009, Jim Tolbert wrote:

> I think I want a slide show.

Does the snapshot feature in your installed version of Xastir
(that you'll be using for the exercise) work perfectly now?  This
would be a good time to test it.

When you first turn on the feature, Xastir will write a snapshot
file.  If you turn it off and back on, it'll overwrite it with
another one.  If you leave it on, it'll write them at the rate
specified in File->Configure->Timing.

Make sure it works first before we spend any time writing Perl
scripts to manipulate the generated images:

     ~/.xastir/tmp/snapshot.png
     ~/.xastir/tmp/snapshot.geo
     ~/.xastir/tmp/snapshot.kml

You might also see other extensions in there like ".gif" or ".xpm".

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer