[Xastir] Saving serial snapshots

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Apr 15 19:20:16 EDT 2009

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009, Jim Tolbert wrote:

>> Do you have Perl available on your
>> Xastir box you'll be using for the exercise?
> I don't know.  I have openSUSE 11.0 on one laptop and VMware with the
> xunbuntu - Xastir image on another.   So.,.... probably not??   But is that
> something I can download?

Yea, usually using the package manager that came with each OS.  On
OpenSuSE you'd use "yast2" and the Software Management category to
load some version of Perl5.  Xubuntu would have some other package
management system, perhaps "apt-get perl"?

Try "perl -v" to see if it's already installed on either/both
systems.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer