[Xastir] Saving serial snapshots

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Apr 16 12:40:53 EDT 2009

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009, riverridge at centurytel.net wrote:

> Thankyou everyone!  I will give it a shot tomorrow.

You're probably well on your way to implementing Carl's solution
(which should work great BTW), but I'll give you another option
anyway:

Xastir CVS now contains "scripts/slideshow.pl", a Perl script which
copies the snapshots to ~/.xastir/tmp/slideshow, renaming them in
numerical order.

The filename contains the Unix Epoch time.  Later one could create a
script to display the files at the proper rate relative to each
other by the use of those timestamps, even if you changed the
snapshot rate in Xastir while collecting the snapshots.

Run "xastir/scripts/slideshow.pl" in a separate xterm window while
running Xastir/creating snapshots.  This script does not require
CRON, and it sleeps for 30 seconds between checks so it uses little
CPU.

The script is dependent on Perl and is Linux/Unix specific.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer