[Xastir] New capability: 2008 Tiger Shapefile street maps

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Fri Apr 17 17:07:56 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 09:21:38AM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <archer at eskimo.com> flavor, containing:

> Thanks to the below mentioned people we now have Tiger 2008
> streetmap capability in Xastir...  And it's really fast!  If you're
> used to the Online Tigermap server, the speed of this will really
> blow you away.  It's also great for taking Xastir on the road where
> you don't have internet access.  Please note the special
> instructions below for setting up the layering so that roads aren't
> covered up.  Perhaps we can automate that part soon.

I'm really puzzled here, because I have downloaded a single county of
the 2008 data and am getting mismatches in dbf signature between the dbf files
and the dbfawk files that are supposed to match them.  Do all of these work
for you?

So far, downloading the data for Brown County, Texas, none of the files
have signatures that match their dbfawk files as committed.

  In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
                                  -- Ineffective daily affirmation