[Xastir] AGW under WINE ?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat Apr 18 06:38:40 EDT 2009

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009, Ray Wells wrote:

> Let's not confuse operating system ability with user ability

Careful there.

In his defense, I have played with Soundmodem (receive only) and
there are some tricky bits to it.  I configured it sometimes as an
AX.25 kernel device, and at other times as a serial KISS TNC.

One can have trouble with the audio levels and settings on the
soundcard, making it trickier yet.

Configuring AX.25 networking ports of any type is not that hard once
you've done it a few dozen times, but that first time is a doozy.
It's probably easier to configure Soundmodem as a serial KISS TNC,
then just attach Xastir's serial KISS TNC interface to it.  That way
you can avoid all the AX.25 kernel networking setup.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer