[Xastir] xastir 1.9.2 and raster file problems Debian 5

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Sat Apr 18 10:27:52 EDT 2009

Ive got a low end machine running with xastir 1.9.2 . Its essentially Debian
v5 Lenny . Raster maps work ok as long as the maps are GIFs or BMPs . Ive
got some JPG maps that refuse to work. Its odd as these maps work fine on
other machines with xastir.

What I get on the screen is a black box where the map should be. I cant
remember seeing this happen before and its got me stumped presently. I dont
think its a permission issue as I can view these maps using other software
like photo viewers under the same username etc.
I took these maps off the other machine and transfered them using a USB
stick.

It seems any map which is a JPG does not work. I just get stuck with the
black box effect.
Perhaps this is a graphics magic or lesstif issue.

Any ideas anyone ?

I could try to compile a newer version of xastir but thats not going to fix
lesstif or graphics magic in themselves.

Tony Hunt VK5AH