[Xastir] Xastir Digest, Vol 41, Issue 52

C. Griffin n1mie at mac.com
Mon Apr 20 00:12:12 EDT 2009

On Apr 20, 2009, at 00:02, Dale Seaburg wrote:

> On Apr 19, 2009, at 10:17 PM, C. Griffin wrote:
>
>> Can the dbfawk file be in either config directory and work? (/usr/
>> local/share/xastir/config OR ~/.xastir/config)
>

> Chip, they go in the /usr/local/share/xastir/config folder.  I've
> never seen them in the home folder.  OTOH, give it a try.  Ya'never
> know until you try.

I knew they could go there, but wondered about the other config
folder. The problem with the /usr/local/share folders is that they are
overwritten when you recompile, thus wiping out your work. My solution
in the past was to keep a copy elsewhere and recopy it when I am done
with the recompile. A more elegant solution would be to keep a copy in
the .xastir folder somewhere with the other non-overwritten files.

-- Chip
      n1mie at mac.com