[Xastir] New capability: 2008 Tiger Shapefile street maps

Richard Polivka, N6NKO r.polivka at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 20 07:50:57 EDT 2009

There are two levels that this works at, one is in the Map Chooser and
the min/max zoom level and the other is in the .dbfawk file itself.

Map Chooser is good for not displaying, lets say "edges", when you are
zoomed out and worried about counties only. The tweaks in the .dbfawk
file are good for minor zoom outs where you want text for streets to
disappear but keep the street shown.

This is a balance that requires some tweaking on your own to match your
preferences.

73 from 807,

Richard, N6NKO