[Xastir] Summary of New Capability

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Mon Apr 20 12:51:10 EDT 2009

  I must have missed something along the line.  I seem to remember a while
back that the census department was changing the format of their TIGER map
data,  and this recent thread celebrates the addition of support for the
new format...
   But some questions remain...

1) The old format is supported in xastir with an 'as needed' download,
with the inclusion of a fairly simple .geo file in the maps directory.
Will the download of these new files ever be automated in this fashion?

2) How long will the tiger server continue to be available, making the old
data so readily accessable?

--
Rick Green, N8BJX

                                   -Benjamin Franklin

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our
safety and our ideals."
                                -President Barack Obama 20 Jan 2009