[Xastir] dbfawk files for Tiger-2008 shapefiles

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Apr 21 21:05:06 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 10:22:28AM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <wa0tjt at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> Lee,
>
> Thanks for doing these Lee, I know everyone will appreciate it.
>
> I dropped these in my /usr/local/share/xastir/config and restarted
> Xastir. But it doesn't seem to have made any difference. Do I need to
> reload Xastir? Do the ./configure, make, and make install again? I did
> reindex all maps but it didn't help.

This might seem obvious, but do you in fact have DBFAWK compiled in?  To do
so you must have PCRE and its development libraries installed.  Check the
About box.  Does it say that DBFAWK is enabled?

If so, Are you getting any messages about dbfawk signatures not being found?

  In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
                                  -- Ineffective daily affirmation