[Xastir] Request for pointer to info

Eric K Germann ekgermann at cctec.com
Tue Apr 21 22:52:48 EDT 2009

Does anyone have any resource for the APRS packet format for a river
level gauge?  Alternatively, does anyone know of a river level gauge I
could focus in on to reverse engineer the packet format?

As part of our county weathernet (in conjunction with our county EOC),
I'm looking at building a river stage gauge linked to a QRP APRS
transmitter.  My goal is to have them show up on Xastir for key
locations in our county.  As we finish deploying our weather stations at
local fire stations (and since those are APRS digi's running on a
secondary frequency), using a QRP solar rig with a small TNC squawking
river height bolted to the side of country bridge in seems doable.

Any pointers appreciated.  Read thru the APRS spec and nothing jumped
out at me.

Thanks

EKG
N1ICS

Eric K Germann
ekgermann (at) cctec (dot) com
419 605 4026

http://www.linkedin.com/in/ericgermann

PGP/GPG Fingerprint: B047 5EFD 3851 6D79 A851  709B 07FC 9F13 7496 9066

"Every man must do two things alone; he must do his own believing and
 his own dying." -- Martin Luther