[Xastir] online terraserver maps black, too

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sat Apr 25 16:55:33 EDT 2009

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 03:25:16PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <dick.repasky at gmail.com> flavor, containing:

> I wrote earlier about having trouble with .geo files from splat. I
> decided to try some of the .geo files that are distributed with xastir.
>
> All the terraserver .geo files render as sheets of solid black. Online
> TIGER maps are fine as are WMSRadar.geo, TXRadar.geo and USRadar.geo.
>
> Do you think that this might have to do with compiling against
> graphicsmagick rather than imagemagick?

Yes.  The issue is a known one.  GraphicsMagick has a default value of
"QuantumDepth" that is not  working properly with Xastir.  If you can
reconfigure graphicsmagick with the right options you could fix it.
(I don't have them handy, but they'd be in the list archives because this has
come up several times in the last month or so.)

If you can't rebuild GraphicsMagick, link against ImageMagick instead.

Someone needs to go through the code in Xastir that depends on QuantumDepth
being 16 and fix it so it works with other values.

  In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
                                  -- Ineffective daily affirmation