[Xastir] Filters? (J lists)

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Aug 4 18:17:53 EDT 2009

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009, J lists wrote:

> Say I just want to see specific stations.
>
> Ie:
>
> N8JSN-1
> N8JSN-2
> And so on..
>
> Like for a specific event.
>
> I'd rather filter it at the computer level VS trying to filter it by
> changing settings in radios.  A lot of our SAR team members are appliance
> users VS having a lot of radio skills.

You want to filter it on your local Xastir display, and perhaps on
other Xastir displays that are looking at the same thing, right?

I have an easy solution for you then...  Assign a tactical call to
each one that you're interested in watching, then:

     Station->Filter Data->Select Tactical Calls Only

Later Xastir versions will send the tactical call data across to
other Xastir (and APRS+SA) stations so that all of you have the same
tactical calls defined.  I think that was added just prior to the
last Seattle Marathon event, so sometime in October or November
2008.

To assign a tactical call to a station, right-click on the station
and then choose "Station Info".  "Assign Tactical Call" is a button
at the top.