[Xastir] wiki password reset?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu Aug 13 11:13:23 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 10:08:37AM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <kg4wsv at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> Was going through my lengthy and aged todo list, and am trying to get
> on the wiki.
>
> I have a login (Kg4wsv), but apparently did not supply an email
> address (needed for the software to reset the password) and I don't
> remember the password.
>
> Is there a wiki admin who can reset my password, or stick my email
> address on the wiki account?
>
> I don't have a pressing need to edit, just getting my ducks in a row
> so that I can edit when it comes up again.

I don't believe that any of those of us who are dubbed "sysops" on the wiki
have that ability.  I think Chuck would have to do it outside of the web
interface.

At the moment, the wiki is not back to the state it was before Chuck's system
crash.  We aren't, for example, able to add people to the wikieditor and
wikireader groups, and those are supposed to be the way we allow new users
to edit pages.

Chuck, you out there?  Can you help Jason out?  And is there a chance you can
fix the wikieditor/wikireader thing up so we sysops can add people to those
groups?

  In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
                                  -- Ineffective daily affirmation