[Xastir] WMS Radar mapserver returning invalid png files

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Aug 18 01:51:58 EDT 2009

I just took a look in my .xastir/tmp directory and see that the last
map.png file it downloaded for the WMSRadar on-line map is actually an error
message rather than a .png:

------

  <HTML>
  <HEAD><TITLE>MapServer Message</TITLE></HEAD>
  <!-- MapServer version 5.4.2 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE -->
  <BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
  msLoadMap(): Unknown identifier. First token must be MAP, this doesn&#39;t look like a mapfile.
  </BODY></HTML>
------

Gerry, you know what's going on there?

  In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
                                  -- Ineffective daily affirmation