[Xastir] No DBFAWK signature

Guy Story KC5GOI kc5goi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 21:53:26 EST 2009

I have tried both the 2008 and the 2009 and get the same error message.  No
DBFAWK signature for "maps in my folder".

I am running on Ubuntu 9.10 and the repository had 1.9.4 with DBFAWK listed
in the libraries used under help.  From what I am finding the tools needed
to create the signature files custom to the 2008 and 2009 tiger files is not
present.  For example dbfinfo and testdbfawk are not present.  I made sure
to run updatedb as sudo and search for them but no luck.

My maps display but are missing the street names and colors that are present
when I use the online tiger maps.  I have enable map labels checked.  Is
this a deficiency in the installation on the Ubuntu repository or am I
missing something?

--
73

Guy Story KC5GOI