[Xastir] More on radar problem

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Dec 6 20:38:55 EST 2009

On Sun, Dec 06, 2009 at 07:35:18PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <jjolin at itol.com> flavor, containing:
> Gents,
> I tried manually going to Tamu web site and trying the various urls
> listed in the various geo files...all I ever get is "object not found."
> What is everyone using for radar images these days?

I've given up on them.  The USRadar no longer works, and WMSRadar has been
returning an error HTML page instead of an image for months.  Oddly, this is
converted to an image by imagemagick (using html2ps), which leads
to a blob of random junk in one corner of the display on my systems.  It took
me a while to trace the source of that junk down to WMSRadar.

I have no idea if there are any working radar image servers left anywhere
that can be used by cobbling together a .geo file.  I'd love to hear that there
is.

  In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
                                  -- Ineffective daily affirmation