[Xastir] Internet Interface - RESOLVED

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sun Dec 6 23:07:25 EST 2009

On Sun, 6 Dec 2009, Rob Vance wrote:

> Okay, it was the firewall.  I opened 14501:14580 for TCP both inbound and
> outbound.  The interface connected without a problem once I did this (so did
> the webpage).
>
> Took me a while to figure out that I needed to click the Transmit Now!
> button on the interface menu; but that sent my position and then the reports
> came flooding in.

That's only if you are both using a filtered interface where the
filtering depends on your location -and- you started the interface
after starting Xastir.  If you had waited 30 minutes it would have
automatically started coming in (your 2nd transmit after starting
Xastir).  If you had shut down Xastir and restarted, with that
interface set to automatically start, that would have worked as
well.

Glad you got it going!