[Xastir] Maps of lower 48

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 13:38:49 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Keith Kaiser <wa0tjt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does someone have a map of the lower 48 states that is very simple? Something with just the borders on it, and maybe the bigger rivers and lakes. I don't want it down to the county level, few if any streets, things like that. I'd like to use it with the radar overlays so don't want all the clutter just the basics.

Sounds like what I use for zoom levels >128, which is nearly all the time.

http://www.xastir.org/wiki/index.php/Xastir_Maps

Looks for National Atlas, about halfway down.

The Nat'l Atlas roads map sorta sucks (no differentiation between a 2
lane back road and an 8 lane interstate), so I use NOAA files for
roads.

-Jason
kg4wsv