[Xastir] edges.dbfawk /^MTFCC=S14/

Dick Repasky dick.repasky at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 13:38:00 EST 2009

I've been fiddling with edges.dbfawk to display roads  more to my liking
than the default file provides for TIGER 2008 maps. For local roads
(/^MTFCC=S14/) it would be nice to display names at a larger zoom level
in rural areas than in towns, say zoom levels 64 and 32, respectively,
but as best I can tell there is no way do differentiate between urban an
rural (as there is in the tabblock files). I'm just checking to be sure
that I'm not missing something.

Also, I assume that there is no way to know the current zoom level when
making assignments in the dbfawk files, right?

Thanks,

Dick, KC9JLU