[Xastir] Feature request AGW reconnect

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Thu Dec 10 17:33:14 EST 2009

Good on xastir getting on the front page of sorts..

I must take it all back with the Feature request for the AGW interface.. I
woke up this morning and its allready there and it even works.. So Ive
managed to confuse myself.

The reconnect time seems excessive at times. I have not checked this out
thouroughly . Ive seen it take nearly 5 mins at times but it does recover
repeatedly. Ive messed about with Internet server ports and the recovery
feature more in the past. It seems to work in a similar way with AGW. At
some point after repeated retrys Ive seen it take up to 10 mins before it
actually reconnects even with the Internet connection being available for
the full 10 mins. There may be some sort of sliding timer which backs off
after x number of failed retrys on a short term basis.

So I can only guess at what was happening with me yesterday.. 2
possibilities.. I was in an alternate xastir universe yesterday and now I am
not. Perhaps I am in an alternate xastir universe today though !
Perhaps I was running a different (older) version of xastir when I saw this
issue but thats confusing as I dont think any work has been done on the AGW
interface in ages. Yep I know thats 3 possibilities !!

PS. The AGW interface works nicely via the LAN using the latest xastir VM
Hardy 090307 and it even does a reconnect on Net failure.

Tony Hunt  VK5AH